The best pizza in the world...honestly





So here's the scoop. I studied in Italy for a year of high school, and I've been to enough of Italy's top 50 pizzerias to be able to make this judgement. 4P's pizza in Ho Chi Minh City is the best pizza in the world, and in at close second is their newly opened Bangalore branch. 

Don't believe me? Well...I was on a plane with a pizza chef on my way to Italy some 2 years ago, and I happened to mention that I'd had this incredible pizza in Vietnam, and that I was searching for the best pizzeria in Italy. He turned to me and said (in a very strong Italian accent mind you), "Ma, if you've already eaten at 4P's in Vietnam, that's better than most pizza you'll find in Italy!" So of course, I followed up by asking him why he thinks so, and he said that 4P's is probably the 2nd best pizza he's had, and the best was also at a pizzeria in Vietnam. 

So what does 4P's have that other pizzerias don't? 2 things, the bread and the consistency of flavour. A lot of chefs have that one pizza that they've served that was just their best work. It doesn't have to be anything complicated or novel, it's just the best pizza they've made. Well, 4P's seems to consistently deliver just that. Never a better or worse pizza than the one you had yesterday, just identical, in EXPERIENCE, not in taste. You feel the same way the 1st and the 100th time you eat there. 

Anyway, here's a list of everything I ordered on my 2 trips there:

  • Assorted cheese board
  • Camembert with Mascarpone
  • Mushroom Pizza
  • Burrata Parma Ham Pizza
  • Seafood Okonomiyaki Pizza
  • Peri Peri Chicken Pizza
  • Miso Salmon and Mushroom Pizza
  • Garlic Shrimp Pizza
  • Tiramisu
  • Matcha Tiramisu
  • Creamy Pudding
Note: All the pizzas were half and half, but still they were SO GOOD. Oh and MAKE SURE TO ASK for the Fennel sauce on the side.

My favourites? The Mushroom and Parma Ham pizzas are classic and done very well, and if you're willing to experiment with flavours a bit the miso salmon is very good too. But there's really no wrong answer here, any pizza on the menu will be the best version of that pizza you've eaten. 

And when it comes to the desserts, they really blew us away with how well they did the tiramisus. My mother, who is a purist and a lover of the classic tiramisu, says this may be one of the best she's had, and in her opinion, the matcha tiramisu is even better than the classic, which says a lot considering she doesn't usually like experimental dishes like those.

Comments

Popular Posts