A crazy, yuzu inspired dessert from Bibble and Sip


Before we start, some real talk. The problem that I'm facing right now is that I no longer have time to cook every day, and I'm not able to find such interesting stuff nowadays to post about. This may be the last of my NYC related posts, so I'm officially out of content. Therefore, here's the change. First off, I will still TRY to post once a week. Sometimes, it may end up happening once in two weeks because I don't have content. But...I will also have more guest writers on the blog, so you will be seeing cool content, just not necessarily stuff that I myself cooked or ate. 

BUT...HERE'S A PROMISE. I WILL KEEP THE QUALITY OF CONTENT THE SAME. I won't begin posting about the basic stuff I eat every day, nobody wants to know about the basic sandwich I made for myself or the boring pasta I ate in a restaurant, and I will not be posting about stuff like that, nor will any of my guest writers.


That aside, let's talk about this dessert. The dessert is called Yuzu, and yes, it has Yuzu in it (logically). So here's the breakdown. It was a white chocolate and Yuzu mousse with mango cream, lychee chunks, lime lychee gel, lemon almond cake and a white chocolate shell. YUM. 

To break it down, The consistency of the mango cream and the lime gel was impeccable. Absolutely the prefect texture, although I wonder if making the mango gel slightly chewy would have helped? Of course, I'm not at the level of these chefs yet, but it's just something that came to my mind. Second, the cake was good, but I honestly would have enjoyed if it were a little less dense. Aside from that, the flavour is great. And of course, the mousse. Portioning, texture, flavour, everything was perfect. 

Again, I totally remember this dessert, so I know what I loved and didn't love. But here's what I'm looking at this dessert for - dessert IDEAS!!! First off, texturally, it was good. The lychee chunks added a tiny bit of bite and chewiness, the gel was the perfect consistency and so was the mousse, and the mango cream was good too. That's what I would take for my own desserts. Here's what I would change. The mango gel was good, but what about making it slightly chewy? Could that help? I don't know, but it's probably worth a shot. Second, could the cake work if it is lighter? Is there something that would change in the structure that I'm not thinking of? 

Third, could we add some crunch?? I mean sure, the outside white chocolate has some crunch, but I'm thinking something more like a CRRRRUNCH. Maybe little pieces of hard caramel in the mousse...maybe something else, I don't know yet. 

But most importantly, HOW DO I MAKE MY WHITE CHOCOLATE SHELLS LOOK SO GOOD?!?!?! You all saw my apple, and it looks fine, but there are imperfections. This here looks way better, and it actually has a slightly thinner shell than my dessert, so I really need to learn how to do this. Anyways, my brain is currently churning out a few ideas which I want to try soon, so expect something inspired by this in October/November.


Oh and by the way, I ate this at a place called Bibble and Sip.

Comments

Popular Posts